Pages

Thursday 18 February 2016

Frank's Pizzeria

After last week, I went to Frank's Pizzeria which is located in Bridge St, Niagara Falls. Franks Pizzeria is a simple  homely restaurant which is being operated by the family that owns the restaurant. Frank's has been around for a long time and is quite famous amongst the locals for cheap pizza which still manages to deliver decent pizzas. Frank's is also famous for using locally produced ingredients in their pizzas. Frank's is also supporting local farmers market considering the diminishing popularity of farmers market to super stores that has made its way into homes, restaurants and hotels.


Extra large tray pizza

This week I went to Frank's on my friend's recommendation. From  the outside, the restaurant looks like a simple homely but when I walked in I was greeted by a friendly lady who took my order and asked me to take a seat. I ordered a large tray with half pineapple, chicken, mushroom and half simple margarita pizzaIt cost me around 15 dollars with a student discount. The interior of the restaurant was moderately decorated. The restaurant has an everyday mom and pop dinner look to it. 
My pizza arrived in 25 minutes. The pizza was huge and smelled of fresh cheese. The first bite was a little disappointing as I expected more from my pizza. My pizza generally lacked flavor and had a blunt taste to it and the toppings were not up to the mark.  The lack of cheese in my cheese pizza was particularly upsetting to me.

Having said that, I have to consider the fact that I ordered an extra large party tray for 15 dollars and it is impractical to expect a pizza which is fully loaded with cheese and toppings. Frank's pizza is perfect for student parties and other parties in a budget. I would also recommend my readers to try their subs, Gluten-free crust and wings. I am extremely happy that Niagara Falls offers these small independent pizzerias that offer great pizzas on a budget. 

Score: 3/5

3 comments:

  1. Interesting post. It is the worst when you have a pizza and it is tasteless. A place to try- Casa D. Pizza- it's one of my favourite and has a great atmosphere. Another place- Rose City Pizza- the quality is so good, but a little pricey. I think its super hard to find a pizza place that is my favourite, but those are definitely getting there!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Apurav .... I have two places that u can try in Niagara . One is Carmines one Dunn st and drummond rd and other Gamblers on Mcleod and drummond. I have heard great reviews about Gamblers.
    Even though I like Frank's Chicken Sub, so if u havent tried it then I will suggest u give franks another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been going to Franks forever now and had no idea there was a student discount! Thank you

    ReplyDelete